- Circuit Court Clerk's Office
- Circuit Civil Court
- General Sessions Criminal
- General Sessions Civil Court
- Juvenile Court
The Circuit Court Clerk's office is responsible for maintaining all records in Circuit Court, General Sessions Parts I & II and the Juvenile Court of Maury County. The Circuit Court Clerk's office also issues passports.
Beginning April 1, 2016 the Clerk's office will no longer accept walk-ins for passport application processing, an appointment will have to be made. Please view the Passport Information page for information on making an appointment and what to bring with you for your appointment.
Circuit Criminal Court is responsible for:
- Appeals and transfers from Juvenile Court
- Appeals from lower courts
- Appeals to the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court
- Bad Check Complaints
- Bail Bondsmen
- Coordination of Grand Jury and Grand Jury Reports, Trial Dockets, Court Calendars, and Jury selection
- Coordination of sequestered trial jurors
- Deeds of Trust
- Grand Jury Indictments of Maury County
- And More
Some examples of cases filed in Circuit Civil Court are:
- Lawsuits in excess of $25,000
- Name Changes
General Sessions Criminal/Traffic Court is responsible for criminal warrants for Maury County and traffic tickets that are issued by Tennessee State Troopers or the Maury County Sheriff's Department.
This office handles the Court Docket and is also responsible for the issuance of certain Court documents such as subpoenas, re-arrests, scire facias, etc.
General Sessions Civil Court is responsible for all small claims lawsuits (under $25,000) filed in Maury County.
This office handles the issuance of Court documents such as:
- Detainer Warrants
- Writs of Possession
Juvenile Court is responsible for all juvenile matters such as:
- Delinquent and Unruly Petitions
- Juvenile Traffic Violations
- Petitions for Dependency and Neglect
- Order for the Expungement of Criminal Offender Record (PDF)
- Order for Transcript for Indigent Defendant (PDF)
- Order to Show Cause (PDF)
- Rules Regarding Professional Bondsmen (PDF)
- Subpoena (Order to Appear) (PDF)
- Summons to Recover Personal Property (PDF)
- Trial Court Rules (PDF)
- Writ of Restitution (PDF)