Join the Library
Applying for a Library Card
To apply for a library card you'll need:
- Proof of your current Maury County Residence (i.e. water bill, lease, cable bill, etc.)
- To fill out the Library Card Application
- Valid ID
Your first library card is free.
You can fill an application out online, or come in and complete a paper copy.
All of the following are free with your library card:
- Audio Books (CDs and Play-Away MP3 Devices)
- Children's Library (Story time every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 10 a.m.)
- Computer Lessons (By appointment only. Call 931-375-6508 to set up an appointment)
- DVDs (5 Item Limit)
- eBooks, Audio Books, and Streaming Videos (With your library card free on R.E.A.D.S.)
- Faxing ($2 per page to send, $1 per page to receive)
- Fiction and Nonfiction Books (25 Item Limit)
- Free Wi-Fi (No limit or password required)
- Inter Library Loans (Books acquired through other libraries at no cost to you)
- Lego Camps
- Other Library Programs Such As Author Signings, Talks, etc., announced on our Events Calendar
- Public Access Computers (2 hour time limit, once per day)
- Summer Reading Program
- Young Adult Books
Most of the items in the library checkout for two weeks and may be renewed two times, however there are exceptions to this rule.
DVDs and Play-Away Views may only be borrowed for a period of one week and may be renewed time.
As mentioned above, several of our items can be renewed. This can be done by coming in, calling us at 931-375-6501, or emailing us.
Patrons are limited to 25 items per library card. That 25 may consist of any combination of the following
- 5 DVDs
- 10 Books On CD
- 25 Books
- 25 Periodicals
Note that out of county residents possessing a library card from their county library with a TLC (Tennessee Library Card) sticker on their card may obtain an Maury County Public Library card at no cost but are only permitted to check out ten items per card.
The library charges a fee of 25 cents per day on overdue items with a maximum fee of $5 per item. Patrons with fines may not check out if their fines exceed $5.
Patrons with any fine may not use the public access computers until fines are paid, and the account shows a zero balance.