|Mike Sweeney, Director
Maury County Solid Waste
1233 Lawson White Drive.
Columbia, TN 38401
7:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday -Friday
To provide solid waste service to the residents of Maury County with solid waste disposal, tire disposal, recycling programs, litter pick up, and educational programs.
>>> Report Littering Anonymously <<<<<<
Why Should You Recycle?
Guide to Medical Waste Disposal - which explains in simple terms how to properly classify, package, and safely dispose of all forms of medical waste.
The Risks of Improperly Disposing Medical Waste
**Upcoming** Household Hazardous Waste - State Wide Collection
There will be a state wide collection of Household hazardous waste on May 7th, 2016 8:30am - 2:00pm
Williamson County Administrative Complex
1320 West Main St. Franklin, TN
ALL TN STATE RESIDENTS ARE WELCOME
Collection Center Locations
7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Saturday
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Disposal (State Sponsered Event - Call for Time/Date)
- Maury County provides HHW collection events annually.
- Maury County Household Hazardous Waste collection events are open to all residents of the state of Tennessee.
- No commercial, Business, or farm materials will be accepted.
- Material should be tightly sealed in its original container, if possible, and placed in a cardboard box. Glass containers should be wrapped in towels, cloth or packaged in some other way to prevent breakage. Materials should be transported to the event in the trunk or bed of your vehicle
- Please ONLY bring materials that are listed below as accepted.
- Used oil Hotline 1-800-287-9013
Items NOT accepted
- Marine Products
- Photo Chemicals
- Household Cleaners
- Pool Acids / Chlorine
- Solvents and Thinners
- Paints / Stains / Varnishes
- Automotive Products (except used oil)
- Medical Waste
- Smoke Detectors
- Explosive/Ammunition Material
- Radioactive Material
- Used Oil
- Commercial/Business Waste
- Farm Hazardous Waste
Maury County Solid Waste accepts E-Waste (Computers, TV’s, Microwaves, etc…) and Paint on a daily basis at our main location at 1233 Lawson White Drive. Mon –Fri 7:00 a. m. – 3:00 p. m.
Maury County is asking each resident to help lower the Solid Waste Land filling costs which will beneficially effect each person’s taxes and improve the environment by recycling rather than disposing of valuable materials in garbage and trash. Recycling also makes good sense on a national basis as for every ton of aluminum recycled saves the equivalent of 35.6 barrels of crude oil which we will not have to buy from foreigners; and for every ton of paper/cardboard recycled we will save the equivalent of 4100 kilowatt hours of electricity, 17 trees, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 60 pounds of air pollution contaminants, and 7000 gallons of water.
Maury County currently provides recycling receptacles at each of its 9 convenience centers. Maury County also has two recycle centers located at the corner of West 8th and Beckett (Columbia), and behind Food Lion (SpringHill).
Thank You again for all your continued support.