The Memorial Building was built in 1907-8 as the Columbia Post Office, with many of the features of that use still in evidence. In 1940 the cornerstone to another post office on South Garden was laid, ahd the old post office was given to the community as a memorial to our veterans for use as an assembly hall. Since that time in the late 1940s, the Memorial Building has, at various times, contained the Public Library, the Chamber of Commerce, the Veteran's Service Office (which it still is) The Maury County Historical Society and various other community organizations. The Ballroom and kitchens have hosted thousands of other community events, and as such, it is one of Maury County's most popular venues.
Memorial Building Rental
Memorial Building Postcard
Mailmen standing on the steps of the"new postoffice in1910
A blood drive being held in the Memorial Building in 1951