What Is Storytime?
- Storytimes are 30 – 45 minutes of fun learning activities.
- Designed for children from birth – 6 years, parents should expect to enjoy interacting with their children throughout the session.
- Each session begins with finger rhymes, songs, manipulatives and books and ends with a book extender craft session.
- No registration is required!
- Groups of 5 or more are asked to contact the Children’s Library 24 hours in advance of the planned storytime visit to ensure craft materials will available for each child.
Storytime Times and Dates:
- Preschool Storytime - Monday thru Saturday @ 10:00 am everyday, unless otherwise noted on the library calendar.
* Preschool storytime on Weekdays will have the following format:
*Letter of the day & activity
Questions: Call 931-375-6506 for our children's desk
How can you prepare your child for storytime?
10 Good Reasons to Bring Your Child to Storytime!
- Allow restroom time prior to storytime.
- Encourage your child to speak quietly while visiting the library.
- Remain with your child during storytime & model appropriate listening skills.
- Bring your children regularly!
- Enhances children’s listening skills.
- Introduces children to a wide variety of experiences.
- Helps prepare children for learning to read.
- Improves and enriches the quality of children’s lives.
- Helps them do well in school.
- Provides fun and enjoyment for both children and adults.
- Introduces children to art through illustrations.
- Helps create a special bond between parents and children.
- Provides inspiration through words.
- Shows them you care!