- Circuit Court Clerk's Office
- Circuit Civil Court
- General Sessions Criminal
- General Sessions Civil Court
- Juvenile Court
The Circuit Court Clerk’s office is responsible for maintaining all records in Circuit Court, General Sessions Parts I & II and the Juvenile Court of Maury County. The Circuit Court Clerk’s office also issues passports.
EFFECTIVE March 17, 2020
As a result of the National Pandemic, COVID-19 (Corona Virus) the Maury County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office will be limiting face to face contact beginning March 17th through March 31st. The Courts and our office will follow protocol ordered by the Tennessee Supreme Court to limit person to person contact as much as possible. Our staff will be in the office and available by telephone, email and fax.
Fax filing is available and preferred at 931-375-1114.
If you have an emergency filing, please call one of the following numbers:
Circuit/General Sessions I/Juvenile Clerks (Columbia)
General Sessions II/Juvenile Clerks (Mt. Pleasant)
If you need to make a payment on a court case please pay online at www.courtfeepay.com following appropriate prompts for payment in Circuit or General Sessions I or II (available 24 hours a day) or call one of the above numbers during normal business hours 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
We will work to assist you and also take precautionary measures to keep our staff and the public safe during this difficult time. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Maury County Circuit Court Clerk
Beginning April 1, 2016 the Clerk’s office will no longer accept walk-ins for passport application processing, an appointment will have to be made. Please view the Passport Information page for information on making an appointment and what to bring with you for your appointment.
General Sessions Part ll Court is located 130 Bluegrass Ave Mt. Pleasant TN General Sessions Part ll Court Policies
Circuit Criminal Court is responsible for:
- Appeals and transfers from Juvenile Court
- Appeals from lower courts
- Appeals to the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court
- Bad Check Complaints
- Bail Bondsmen
- Coordination of Grand Jury and Grand Jury Reports, Trial Dockets, Court Calendars, and Jury selection
- Coordination of sequestered trial jurors
- Deeds of Trust
- Grand Jury Indictments of Maury County
- And More
Some examples of cases filed in Circuit Civil Court are:
- Lawsuits in excess of $25,000
- Name Changes
General Sessions Criminal/Traffic Court is responsible for criminal warrants for Maury County and traffic tickets that are issued by Tennessee State Troopers or the Maury County Sheriff's Department.
This office handles the Court Docket and is also responsible for the issuance of certain Court documents such as subpoenas, re-arrests, scire facias, etc.
General Sessions Civil Court is responsible for all small claims lawsuits (under $25,000) filed in Maury County.
This office handles the issuance of Court documents such as:
- Detainer Warrants
- Writs of Possession
Juvenile Court is responsible for all juvenile matters such as:
- Delinquent and Unruly Petitions
- Juvenile Traffic Violations
- Petitions for Dependency and Neglect
- Maury County Circuit Court Filing Fees 9/19
- Circuit Court Summons (PDF)
- Civil Subpoena (PDF)
- Civil Summons (PDF)
- Conditional Judgment and Order to Show Cause (PDF)
- Maury County General Sessions Court Filing Fees 9/19
- Notice to Judgement Debtor (PDF)
- Order for the Expungement of Criminal Offender Record (PDF)