Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
What is the Library doing?
The Maury County Public Library is open in a limited capacity starting Monday, May 18th at both the Columbia and Mt. Pleasant locations. The Libraries will continue to offer over-the-phone and online reservation/pick-up of books and other materials. In order to keep our patrons safe and adhere to state/federal guidelines, we will be:
- Limiting the number of patrons in the library.
- We will only be allowing 10 patrons in the library at a time for browsing/computer usage.
- Limiting time in the library.
- Patrons will be limited to 1 hour in the library. Patrons will receive a polite ’10 minute warning’ when they near their time limit.
- Limiting computer time.
- Patrons will be given 30 minutes to use the computers. Staff will disinfect the computer workstation(s) between patrons.
- Limiting seating
- Seating has been removed from the library/made inaccessible. This is in an effort to encourage judicious use of your time in the library.
- Patrons will be directed to the self-checkout station. We will not pass materials between staff and patrons, nor check out patrons, unless absolutely necessary.
- Library cards
- We will still issue library cards, but will do so at a safe distance. We will not need proof of residency or an ID at this time to decrease the amount of contact.
- Library programming
- All in-person library programming is still suspended. This means no one using meeting rooms, no in-person storytime, no use of library facilities for gatherings, etc. We will direct patrons to our online programming via Facebook/Instagram/Website.
- Returning to regular check-out periods
- We will return to regular lending periods as of May 18th.
- Use the book drop to return materials
- In an effort to minimize contact, please use the bookdrop to return your materials. Staff will not accept materials at the desk.
- Contactless pickup
- We will continue to offer contactless pickup for patrons who do not feel comfortable using the library facilities.
Where can I find information on COVID-19?
The Maury County Public Library is committed to providing you links to authoritative, trusted information to help you stay informed - especially in regards to the coronavirus outbreak. While the Library cannot provide medical advice, we can provide you with some helpful links:
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website has a vast array of information regarding the coronavirus, including steps on how to prevent illness, coronavirus cases in the US, and information for individuals traveling.
The Tennessee Department of Health has information about the coronavirus outbreak specific to Tennessee, including the number of cases in the state/individual counties, the number of coronavirus tests administered, and guidance for businesses.
Additionally, the State of Tennessee has set up a website with COVID-19 related information at https://www.tn.gov/governor/covid-19.html
Johns Hopkins University has put together an interactive, up to date map to track reported cases of coronavirus worldwide. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
What measures can I take to stay safe?
The Maury County Public Library encourages everyone to follow the advice from the CDC, including:
- Stay at home unless you have necessary/essential business to conduct
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds - after touching shared items, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from others
- Stay home if you are sick